Designed for applications that demand the greatest airflow and cooling capabilities, the Mishimoto WRX Front-Mount Intercooler (FMIC) Kit will provide your Subaru with the ability to make the most horsepower and torque possible. The Mishimoto front-mount intercooler was designed with a large 28" intercooler core that provides the maximum cooling capability without excessive pressure drops that will wear out any turbocharger over time. The Mishimoto WRX front-mount intercooler features smooth cast end tanks that are CFD tested for maximum airflow with no sharp walls or bends from cut-and-weld end tanks that disrupt airflow.
The intercooler provides the best airflow and heat-exchange properties for those time-attack laps, or a 10-second blast down the quarter mile. The Mishimoto Subaru WRX Front-Mount Intercooler also features four mandrel-bent aluminum pipes for optimum airflow. The hot-side pipes are 2.25" in diameter to keep airflow velocities high, giving your car an instant response without excessive throttle lag that plagues many front-mount intercooler designs. The hot-side pipe also features a CNC-machined flange for a leak free connection to the turbo. The cold side of the system features 2.5" to 2.75” mandrel-bent aluminum tubing for maximum airflow, and to match the diameter of your throttle body. This 2015 WRX front-mount intercooler kit contains everything needed for a worry-free installation, including an application-specific crash bar that both supports the intercooler and mounts to existing points on the vehicle. No cutting of the front bumper or drilling is required to install the crash bar and intercooler.
- Fits the 2015+ Subaru WRX
- 3.5" Thick intercooler design optimized for maximum flow
- Designed to work with Mishimoto air intake and stock intake
- No modification to front bumper and retains stock fog lights
- Includes black powder coated steel, tubular crash bar
- Smooth cast end tanks allow the best possible airflow in and out of the intercooler
- Optimal core design for maximum cooling efficiency with minimal pressure drop
- Rated to 600 whp
- Includes all necessary couplers, brackets, and accessories
- Intercooler available in Sleek Silver, Stealth Black, and Gold
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
37.7" x 8.6" x 5.4"
COOLER CORE SIZE
28" x 8.05" x 3.5"
Mishimoto recommends that this intercooler kit, not be used with the stock ECU programming. It is highly recommended that the customer be able to retune the vehicle’s ECU after installing the intercooler kit. Power gains will vary depending on the size of the turbo, exhaust system, fuel system, and type of ECU tune that is applied to the vehicle.
This kit is rated for approximately 600 whp during normal operating conditions. Maximum horsepower potential will be near 700 whp. Exceeding these horsepower or pressure limits could require a custom-size front-mount intercooler.